Friday, January 24, 2014

6 months post transplant and we have some fun!!

Sure, fun, that is what we will call it...

As some of you may not know all that happens during a stem cell transplant, the outcome is your immune system is wiped out and rebuilt... guess what happens when you wipe out a previously immunized immune system...

you got it... you have no immunizations left in your system!!

So yesterday was the first series of my immunization... 4 shots total, 2 in each arm... I can really feel for babies right now I tell ya. After all the needles and crap I have been through the shots themselves were fine. Barely felt them. The after affects of them is another story. My poor arms hurt so much I cant lift them up!! No wonder babies scream, lol...

But this is just another step in the journey of rebuilding so it is what we must do... not looking forward to 5 of them next month though!!

Other than that all is going well, I will update after my appointment in vancouver with the endocrinologist on monday to fill you in on that aspect :)

Thanks for sticking through this with me... if there still is anyone, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment