Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quick update

Just going to do a quick update of the last week as I have really not felt like writing it all down this time.

Had my first infusion last wednesday, had difficulties with the IV as I had predicted... and hour later we were able to get started, but had to slow down the first infusion due to pain... surprise surprise... wish people would have listened to me in the first place! SO this chemo kicked my ass pretty good, lots of fun side effects, mostly nausea and extremely tired. Not a fatigue tired this time, but a tired tired if that makes sense. So most of the past week has been spent on the couch chilling out... one fun side effect I have gotten is a ringing in my ears that comes and goes... OMG this is so annoying!!!

SO yesterday I got a picc line put in... should help for the future infusions.... 'only takes 5-10 minutes' they told me.... LIARS!!! My veins wouldnt co-operate with them either!! SO after 3, yes 3 times, they finally got it in a vein... needless to say, my poor arm is now swollen and sore due to all that work on it yesterday.... and today I have chemo....oy vey...

So I am crossing my fingers and toes I have a great nurse today, as the dressing needs changed and the arm is sooooo tender.... if not guess I will be screaming, lol.

Nice to note that since I am only doing two cycles of this crap before my SCT, I am halfway today!!

Woohoo

Ok, thats all for now, will update again when im up to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment