Monday, November 21, 2011

First scare

Well I had my official first scare of treatment.

Friday night I went to bed and noticed it was getting difficult to breathe. It was a very heavy feeling, and well, just plan not right. I mentioned to hubby and said if this doesnt get better, I should get checked out with all the side effects you may encounter from chemo. (Bleo can cause lung damage) And I was concerned with infection, which we would want to catch early.

So we wake up saturday morning and its the same... dammit I feel, guess we really should get this checked out. So we head over to the local emergency where we get to spend the next 3 hours. After talking with the dr., he orders a chest x-ray, lots of bloodwork and an EKG, my heartrate was 118 when I came in.

Good news... everything came back good, even my heart! He checked for blood clots, and kidney function, infections, everything he could think of. But we still have no idea what caused this. He thought it might be viral, which means it will run its course. Advised me to come back in if it got worse or signs of infection developed. Happy to report its getting better. Still not normal, but much better!

So thats was my first, and hopefully my last scare during treatment!

1 comment: