Tuesday, November 1, 2011

3/4 done...

so Im now done my 3rd cycle. I really wish the process got easier each time, but no, with chemo, everything gets worse each time.

Infusion was an event this time. Even my good nurse had problems with veins... not good... we finally found one that was co-operating. Or so we thought. Enter the evil drug, and it starts to hurt. So I mention this and we up the saline. That made it worse... that has never happened, saline is my magical cure all for pain! SO she comes back and shuts the drug off, slows the saline to a crawl, looks at my vein and says its a good vein, but I think its too small for the load. Guess what that means... yep... over to the other arm we go. This is the comical part for me. She left the original IV in my left arm while she put the right one in (with zero problems I may add). So here I am sitting in the chair, hooked up to an IV in each arm! I told her she did a great job of tying me up, I was going nowhere! So after the right side is going, no pain, the left gets disconnected and we are good to go for the next 2.5 hours of the nasty one. I really hate that final drug I tell ya.

So the last 2 infusions have not been as nice side effect wise either. The ickyness has gotten really bad, even nauseous on a day or two. I did try my rescue meds this time around, but I don't think they helped that much. Not as good as the other stuff I get for the day after, thats for sure.

The countdown is one. ONE CYCLE (2 treatments) to go!! I am so ready to be done with it all! I want to wake up with energy, get back to the gym, live my life!!

On a side note, hubby is home on vaca this week and we (read mostly he) are redoing the kids rooms! Got the boys done today, so now its onto the girls room! So much fun :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you that those last two treatments would be easier, but for me the fatigue got worse the longer chemo went on. On the bright side, you'll be DONE with chemo in just a few weeks.

    It took me about 3-4 weeks post chemo to get past what I would call the fatigue stage, and back to always having some amount of energy and just getting tired like normal people do. So hang in there, and with any luck at all you'll have energy enough to get about and actually do things on Christmas day! Woohooo!

    ReplyDelete