Thursday, July 21, 2011

A little nervous

I have my first oncology appointment tomorrow. Hard to explain how I feel. I am very nervous as they have not staged me yet. I have my guesses, but who really knows what they will say!! I figure we will go over a plan for treatment as well which kinda freaks me out. To talk about treating this actually means I can't run and pretend its going to go away. I am going to have to face reality, as much as it really does suck.

On a side note, my hubby and I talked today, and have decided that once I start treatment, we are going to shave my head with the kids. We think it will be less traumatic for them if we just shave it instead of it all falling out in clumps. My thoughts were to just cut it short, but he thinks shaving it will be more fun. I think he just wants to shave my head, lol...

Anyways, I will update this tomorrow after my appoinment. We are really hoping I have a week or two before I start treatment for some very selfish reasons... we want to go on one last holiday before I start treament!! The original plan was the last 2 weeks of august, but that will probably not be an option, so now we are hoping for maybe a week right now. Guess we will find out tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment