Friday, July 22, 2011

As good as we could have hoped :)

We had a pretty good visit with the oncologist today. I was staged 2a just as I had anticipated. He informed us that my cure rate is greater than 90%. I couldn't really ask for a better prognosis :)

My treatment will start in a couple of weeks, so hubby and I are able to escape for a week before I start. When I mentioned we wanted to go away before treatment he was good with it. Told me to let the other hospital (where I will be treated) know when they phone when I am available to start!

The treatment will be 4 cycles of ABVD chemotherapy. After 2 cycles I get a PET scan, and if its clear we finish with the last 2 and I am done!! The thing that surprised me about the chemo is that I recieve treatment on day 1 and day 15, and that makes up my first cycle. Only 2 actual days of treatment each cycle!! I was stoked to learn this! (can't you tell)

So early next week me and hubby take off for a week of relaxation. Needless to say I might not be blogging much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment