Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The waiting game...

there will be a lot of that in the months to come I understand. Right now I am waiting for my first oncology appoinment to find out EXACTLY what I am dealing/faced with. So far I know I have hodgkins lymphoma, nodular sclerosing. Thats all I have been told. So I have been doing lots of research, joining forums, and whatever else I can do to try to prepare myself for the journey I am about to/just have embarked on. Not a journey that I ever thought I would have to take, but who does... cancer seems to attack anyone it wants for no real reason in a lot of cases. Mine is one of those, no one know what causes HL, just one of the 'luck of the draws' I guess.
 Dealing with this has not been easy though... still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have cancer. I have a very supportive family which is great, but im the type that doesnt want to burden them with all the thoughts going around in my head. Its a terrifying place to be right now, and trying to sort out the rational and irrational fears surrounding my diagnosis has been difficult.
Im going to leave this post on one final note... never tell anyone with HL they have the 'good cancer'. This is a common response because it has a good treatment outcome with most cases. Not ALL cases... and just because the treatment is highly successful doesnt mean the treatment is good. From everything I have read so far, it sucks, big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment