Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back from Vegas... back to reality

Well I must start off saying that my hubby and I had a wonderful time in Vegas. One week with no kids and no worries is just what was needed right now. We spent a lot of time at the pool just doing nothing. Having nothing to think about for a week was pure bliss, of course now it back to reality.

Ahhhhhh..... wish I could go back tomorrow.

So I have dates... they are coming soon and starting to freak me out a little. My son's birthday is 2 days after my first scheduled treatment. His party is planned for the 3rd day after. I hope treatment goes well or my hubby has a party to put on!!

I say first scheduled treatment because I meet with a new onc the day before. I guess they will be caring for me during treatment since I am being treated at a different hospital (different city) than my original onc. Really not sure whats going on there. So anyways, I meet with s/he the day before, and if they clear me then I start the next day.
On tuesday I get to go to an information session on chemo. I hope it will be informative and helpful but who knows... I was just told to show up.

On a weird and almost humorous note, I received mail from the cancer agency while I was away... it was a prescription... kind of blew me away that they would just send me a prescription in the mail with no note or anything!! So I got them filled and the nice pharmacist was able to fill in my blanks... my anti-nauseants and a steroid type drug. I take them before chemo and every 12 hours after as needed... I hope it can be as little as possible.

Ok, now that I feel I have written a book I am saying goodnight...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to reach out to you as I am also a 31-year-old mother to 2 little ones and I was diagnosed with NSHL on June 7th. I found your blog through lymphoma.com. I also blog about my life, etc at dwellonthepossibilities.com. I am having my 4th treatment tomorrow and I will be getting my scan a few days before treatment #5...I am SO nervous for the scan. If all goes well, I only have 4 more treatments and then I am done. Same plan as you are on. We have so many similarities that I wanted to reach out to you and maybe we can keep each other updated as we both kick cancer's butt! Sending many positive thoughts your way!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete