Thursday, August 25, 2011

On the upswing!!

WOOHOO!!!!

I have energy again!! It is so nice to be able to get off the couch and do things. I am still taking it easy, but not feeling like the walking dead is wonderful, and I will enjoy it as long as I can!

The last 3 days have been pretty busy for me, playdates for the kids, some park time, and we even ventured to walmart after I saw the DR today (more on that soon). We were out for about 3 hours and I actually felt good the whole time. Im a little tired now, but I guess thats to be expected. Spent 4 hours at a friends house yesterday and the kids had a blast in the pool and on the trampoline. Im very fortunate to have some people in my life reaching out right now. Its wonderful!!

Ok, back to the dr. thing. For the past couple days my arm (the IV one), has been hurting. The pain started to spread and get more intense so I called the lovely onc. nurses, who didn't have much to say besides call your GP, they might be able to figure it out. So I went to my wonderful GP this morning, explained the pain. She checked for obvious signs of infection or reaction and saw none. |So we still don't know 'what' is causing the pain, but we think its chemo related. Almost feels like nerve pain, so who knows. So the solution for now is to treat the pain. Let the onc people know on my next visit whats up!

Hopefully the pain wont stay too long, its my right arm and im right handed... it does cause a bit of a problem I tell ya!! Next infusion they can bully the left side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment