Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cycle 2, day 1

Only one more of these to go and its the 'easier' of the two!!! Excited that we are almost done this part and getting terrified about whats to come, but im not going to dwell on that.

I am strong, I will get through it, just kinda scary going into all the unknowns. I did chemo before so it was pretty easy to be cool with that route again. Been there, done that, no worries. I will save the worries for later, or I will get rid of them. Either way I WILL fight this nasty ass disease once again and I WILL beat it again. Just takes a bigger stick, right?

So onto my actual treatment today... have I mentioned how much I love my PICC line now im not in constant pain from it! Its wonderful, so easy... quick and painless hook-ups to the ivs... definitely a good way to go if you ever have the need.

It was the 'nasty' one today, so it took longer, just under 3 hours start to finish. Still way shorter than ABVD though! Felt pretty good all day but now the tiredness is kicking in. It will stick around for the next 3-5 days im guessing like last time... odd effect for me as the steroid they give me (Decadron) is supposed to cause energy and wakefulness.... I am the opposite, but we all know how special I am anyways, lol.

Ok, getting hard to type things with out messing up the words everywhere so I am heading off for the night...

Just wanted to thank all the people who take the time to read this, and if you are fighting along side me remember that we WILL kick cancers ass!!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing Shanna! I hope you have more energy this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna,

    As a silent blog reader of yours for a while now I just want to let you know I am sending my strength and prayers to you as you continue in your fight.

    You are inspiring.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete