Sunday, June 23, 2013

Doing better

So after my breaking point, spent most of the day and evening with the water works... it was to be expected at some point, but it was also therapeutic and since then have been feeling pretty good.

Enjoyed the last three days with no tests to worry about, just giving myself my Fragmin shot every morning, which is getting easier to do each day!

Had a great time on Friday with my son's class at the field trip to the beach. Got to sit back, relax, and chat with great people all while watching all the kids have a blast. It wasn't the nicest day, but the rain held off so that's all we can ask for some days.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Start off my having to do 3 shots to make a 1/2 dose, sounds lovely for sure. Then is off to the hospital for blood work and a CT scan. Luckily this time if an IV is not possible we are just doing the oral contrast and will leave it at that. I am still pretty battered and bruised from last week so we will see. After the CT its time to head over to Vancouver. Tuesday I have my BMB (bone marrow biopsy) and Lumbar puncture. Wednesday I have dental x-rays, dental consult, thrombosis consult due to the blood clot, and then my consult with the apheresis unit.

Due to the fact that my veins suck so bad we have changed my dates a little. Still getting my Hickman trifusion line on the 8th, but now the stem cell collection will follow so we don't have to use my arms. The collection was moved a week but my admission date was only moved by a couple days so we are not too far off of schedule!

Hope to update after my appointments if I feel up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment