Saturday, June 15, 2013

Outpatient chemo complete... with a trip to ER

So I will start with the good news, I am now done my GDP chemo... yeehaa!! No more chemo till I hit Vancouver as an impatient. Im sure I will enjoy these next couple weeks to the fullest (in between the mountain of tests and appointments that is)

And now for the not so good, spent the morning in the ER. Since my last chemo on Thursday, my arm has gotten increasingly sore, especially when I tried to straighten it out. So after the past two days of pain and not using my arm I decided I should get it checked out as things were no better. So off to the ER on a beautiful Saturday morning I go. When I get there I explain the pain, they do blood cultures out of the PICC and out of my other arm for comparison. Those results will take a few days to see if an infection has popped up, but there are no visible signs of one. Arm is just a little swollen. Since the PICC is not longer necessary, just holding on to it for a CT, we decided it was best to remove it. Now, getting the line in was agony, getting it out was a breeze until the nurse had to apply pressure to the wound. OOUCH!!! Did I mention how sore my arm was to start with!! Yep, that part was painful.

So now I am PICC less, still covered in bruises from the original insertion (black and blue still!) and not sure what happened to cause the pain but just hope that the removal solved the problems. Still a little tender now, so we shall see in a few days how it feels.

Monday and Tuesday this week are pretty uneventful days, Wednesday I have the lung function test and Thursday I have the Heart tests. Will update with those procedures as they happen.

Now to go and enjoy the rest of my day :)




Here is what the arm looks like right now!
 

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW !! Just read the hole blog this time around and all I can say is you are one of the strongest people I know!!! To go through what u have, and still fighting I hold my touch up for you! Ms O. You are a ROCK STAR!!!!! And I will be thinking of you in July.

    ReplyDelete