Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Check-up #1

Just got back from my first check- up since I started chemo.

The bad news is, yep, im gaining weight. Not everybody loses weight while on chemo... sounds like lots are actually in the same boat as me, so thats good to hear! I figure its better to eat now while I want to just incase thats changes down the road!

The good news... my nodes are shrinking. The dr. is pretty confident right now that the treatment is working. This is quite a relief. We of course wont know anything for sure until my PET scan next month, but he did seem quite happy with the progress so far.

As for my side effects, we are still going to try to mix up things a little tomorrow to see if we can actually avoid the arm I pain get. He figures its vein pain and phlebitis. Looking at the rest of the effects he says I am doing quite well in that department as well... yah!!

So go me... I am going through hell for a good reason!

2 comments:

  1. That is so good to hear! It is such a great feeling to know that you aren't feeling yucky from the chemo for nothing! I was so worried before my 1st PET because I didn't know if the chemo was working or not. So so glad that it is working!

    ReplyDelete